What is Point and Shoot Camera?
What Is Point and Shoot Camera?
The point and shoot cameras are compact-sized cameras with exceptional tech features.
From zooming range, durable lens, built quality, continuous shooting modes, & many more traits, point and shoot cameras are the most versatile option.
With great aperture, exposure, higher zoom, and technological advances, these pocket-sized cameras are the first choice for many.
What is the Best Point and Shoot Camera? How to compare them?
Firstly, most tycoon brands, including Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Fujifilm, and more, are introducing the newer models of point and shoot camera category.
Now, the upcoming models will give maximum control to the user, which was missing in the previous versions.
However, the quality and performance of these cameras did not match the DSLR. That’s because there is a higher price difference, and most of the operations in it are automatic, which means no control to the user on the resulting image.
These are the travel-friendly, compact, power-packed, and advanced cameras perfect for beginner to the intermediate user level.
Nonetheless, many professionals prefer these cameras when traveling, street photography, or for everyday use.
With that said, let’s shed some light on the finest point-and-shoot cameras.
Best Point and Shoot Camera to Own in 2020
Here goes the list of the top five point-and-shoot cameras.
|Camera Name||Type||ISO Exposure||Effective Pixels||FPS Speed||Image Sensor|
|Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II||Compact||125-12800||20.1mp||8.2fps||1-inch, DIGIC 7|
|Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W800||Compact||100-3200||20.4mp||0.52fps (100 shots)||1/2.3 inch Super HAD CCD|
|Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VII||Compact||100-12800||20.1mp||20fps||1-inch Exmor RS CMOS|
|Panasonic LUMIX ZS200/TZ200||Compact||100-12800||20.1mp||10fps burst|
6fps in continuous AF
|Olympus Tough TG-6||Compact||100-12800||12mp||20fps||1/2.33 inch|
1. Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
Canon’s PowerShot G9 X Mark II is an economical as well as a professional point and shoot camera, a gift for casual photographers.
It is an ultimate choice for those who admire rapid focusing, higher zooming power, stunning image & video quality, and especially the price.
The 20.1 megapixels, 1.0 inch-type sensor (excellent of its kind), and the powerful DIGIC 7 image processor deliver amazing image quality with utmost style.
It also has Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth connectivity options to pair with smartphones. The PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a stylish and handy option for beginners to pros.
- Fast and accurate AF with an excellent shutter speed
- 0 inch LCD touchscreen for smooth operations
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- 0 inch-type CMOS sensor for that picture-perfect quality
- Lightweight (206g) and compact camera for easy handling
- 3x optical zoom with 28-84mm focal length
2. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W800
Sony is undeniably the world leader when it comes to manufacturing cameras. The DSC W800 is a compact, power-packed camera with highly advanced features to deliver clear, bright, sharp, and beautiful images.
The 20.1 megapixels image sensor and 5x optical zoom allow the user to get the most out of photography skills. With a wide-angle 26mm lens and powerful ISO index of 100-3200, you capture every moment worth sharing.
The camera shoots 720p HD videos and beautiful pictures in a 2.7 inch Clear Photo LCD screen to make every moment count.
- 5x optical zoom Sony lens for maximum sharpness and clear images
- Sweep Panorama option to capture 360 degrees view
- 1 megapixel to make everyday photography fun
- Wide-angle 26mm lens to capture the entire scene
- The compact size makes it easy to carry
- 100-3200 ISO exposure to get the best results every time
3. Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VII
Another Sony point-and-shoot camera with extraordinary tech traits, the Cyber-shot RX100 VII, is known to deliver impressive performance all the time.
The 20.1 megapixels camera integrates pro-level features to capture striking images. From beginners to photography professionals, this camera has everything to enhance your creative skills.
Sony’s viral 1-inch sensor, 8x zoom lens, f/2.8-4.5 aperture, and 24-200mm focal length make this camera a must-have for the next travel trip.
The camera also has tech-advanced features, including Real-time Tracking & Real-time Eye AF, to make photography entertaining.
In this camera, the user also enjoys 180 degrees flip-touch screen with a 4K HD video recording.
- 02 seconds super-fast autofocus for high-quality images
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for moving subjects
- 24-200mm focal length that delivers outstanding picture quality
- Fast and accurate 20fps continuous shooting with AF tracking
- ISO range of 100-12800 for incredible low-light shooting
- Large 1.0 type image sensor for high-resolution images
4. Panasonic LUMIX ZS200/TZ200
Travel photographers truly appreciate Panasonic’s TZ compact camera range. The LUMIX TZ200 is a travel-friendly superzoom camera with amazing tech features.
TZ200/ZS200 is a superb point-and-shoot camera with 20.1 megapixels 1-inch image sensor and 24-360mm focal length. Also, there comes a 3-inch fixed LCD touchscreen to make it the superior choice.
The 1-inch sensor, f/3.3-6.4 aperture, and 30fps burst speed deliver sharp and bright images even in low light conditions. Panasonic’s TZ200 allows the user to shoot 4K videos and HD photos, making it the foremost choice for many camera professionals.
The improved zoom and advanced tech specs make this camera a must-buy for travel photographers.
- 15x zooming power for fantastic image quality
- 1 megapixel with 1-inch sensor for perfect results in any lighting conditions
- 24-360mm focal length for high-quality prints
- 3 inch LCD touchscreen for smooth operations
- 4K video recording to get a clear and sharp view
- A solid choice for travel photographers
5. Olympus Tough TG-6
Do you love adventurous photography? Yes! So, here is a camera for you that stands strong in the harshest environments.
As the name defines, Olympus Tough TG-6 is genuinely a robust camera with 15m waterproof, 2.1m shockproof, 100kgf crushproof range, and more.
The camera also has anti-fogging and dustproof qualities with amazing tech features, including 12 megapixels, 1/2.33 image sensor, f/2 maximum aperture, and 25-100mm focal length, to name a few.
The maximum burst speed in Olympus TG-6 is 20fps, and it also comes with a 3-inch fixed LCD screen. You get to capture stunning images and 4K video with this camera. This masterpiece has everything you need for your next adventure.
- Tough performer with the capability to withstand harsh environments
- Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, crushproof, freezeproof, anti-fog, and more
- High-resolution f/2 lens for the finest image quality
- Variable Macro System to shoot striking close-ups
- Advanced image sensor and processor that deliver the best results
- 4K video recording to make it a perfect adventurous type
Words of Advice
Point and shoot cameras are much easy to operate, handle, and transport. These are compact sized as compared to the DSLRs, simple to function, and offer better performance.
Talking about the popularity, this particular segment of the camera market is the most common among amateurs and professionals.
Those who are new to photography and wish to groom skills can opt for point-and-shoot cameras.
Best point and shoot camera under 500