How To Use Nikon Coolpix B500?
How To Use Nikon Coolpix B500? – Overview
There may come certain occasions when you face issues regarding how to use Nikon Coolpix B500. Now, no matter if you are a first-time user or an established photographer, using any device for the first time comes with its own set of challenges.
Moreover, Nikon Coolpix B500 comes on board with a 16 MP CMOS sensor and a high-performance 40x optical zoom feature. So, if you are facing any issues regarding its handling and usage, go by the detailed list of steps mentioned below that will help you during every step.
First of all, attach the cap to the camera strap and then start attaching the strap to the camera. When the camera is not put to use, you have to just attach the lens cap to the lens to protect it.
For inserting the batteries and memory cards, hold the camera upside down to prevent the batteries from falling out. Then, confirm that the positive and negative terminals are in the right position.
While inserting the memory card into the camera, slide in the memory card unless you see that it is giving out a click sound. However, be careful not to insert the batteries on the memory card in the upside-down position or backward in the procedure. If you commit the error, it will only lead to malfunctioning the whole device.
To connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet, install the snap bridge application while enabling Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the smartphone or Tablet. Now turn on the camera and then press the OK button.
After seeing the prompt, follow the on-screen instructions for both the Android device setup and an ios device setup. However, in both procedures, check the authentication code first and then press the OK button on the smart device.
Afterward, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the procedure to choose location data along with the photographs. You can click on yes when it prompts and then enable the location data features.
Setting the camera menus.
- Turn on the camera. You will get the option for language selection that then needs to be selected.
- Now press the menu button again. You will see the dialog box appearing.
- When prompted, click on YES. Afterward, you will see it highlighting the home time zone. Once it shows you the prompt, click on OK again.
- Now enter the current date and time while pressing OK.
- When prompted, make the right selection again on the screen and then press OK.
Shooting and playback operations
- For shooting the images, go for auto mode.
- To get there, rotate the mode dial to the camera symbol.
- Then hold the camera steadily. Remember to keep your fingers away from the flash, lens, illuminated speaker, and microphone.
- To frame the image, move to the zoom control and the sides on control.
- Afterward, adjust the position according to your preferences.
- Now press the shutter release button halfway when the subject is in focus. Please check whether the focus indicator is glowing with a green light or not. When you are using the digital zoom, you will see that the camera has started focusing on the center.
- Now without lifting your finger, press the shutter release button completely for shooting.
- For recording movies, tap on the shooting screen and then press on the ’round like button’ that signifies Movie Record. Now start recording the movie. Going ahead, press the record button again, and it will stop recording.
When you need the flash, set it up by pressing the flash button. When not in use, push it down again until it gives the click-shot sound.
Besides the modes mentioned above, you will also get different operation modes for the shooting mode selection, controlling the operations, and other technical features.
Bottomline for how to use Nikon Coolpix B500
We have mentioned the appropriate steps to help you regarding how to use the Nikon Coolpix B500. Do follow the instructions for properly controlling the camera in your preferred style.
Best Nikon Coolpix Camera with Flip Screen