How To Use Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 is highly recognized for its easy to use features. So if you face trouble regarding how to use Canon PowerShot ELPH 180, get through its comprehensive list of features and specifications for once.
Speaking of this masterpiece, it comes with an 8x optical zoom lens and a 20-Megapixel CCD sensor that guarantees some stunning images even in ‘not so favorable’ lighting conditions. Moreover, this powerful digital camera sports a silky smooth 720p HD video capability with Smart Auto mode, Eco mode, and scene modes that help you save the camera’s battery life.
Still, if you are finding issues regarding handling and usage, refer to the easy steps and guidelines mentioned below.
First of all, to attach the strap, tie the strap’s end through the strap mount while gently pulling the other end of the strap. For holding the camera, place the strap around the lace and try shooting. You have to keep the arms close to the body and hold the camera securely.
Be sure to charge the battery pack initially. To do that, insert the battery pack and then charge it. Finally, once you see that the camera is fully charged, unplug the battery charger while removing the battery pack.
Using the camera
- First of all, turn the camera on by pressing the power button, and you can see the startup screen showing up.
- Now, you have to enter the auto mode.
- Just go ahead with aiming the camera at the subject, and you can hear the camera making a clicking noise.
- You can see the screen icon displayed on the main menu itself.
- Now start composing the shot. For zooming in, enlarge the subject and move the zoom lever towards the telephoto symbol. You can also zoom away by moving it towards the wide-angle and it will start shooting the still images.
- For that, focus and press the shutter button slightly halfway down. Then, you will see that the camera starts coming with a beeping noise. Now, this is an indication that the focus is set correctly.
- Shoot by pressing the shutter button completely down and the camera will starts shooting. With that process, you will also hear a beeping shutter sound. Keep the camera in that mode until you hear the shutter sound, and after displaying the shot, the camera will come back to the shooting screen.
To record the movies, press the movie button, and you will see the camera coming with a beeping sound once the recording begins.
Now you can also check the record symbol getting displayed with their last time. The black bars will also be available on the top and the bottom edges of the screen. You can notice the frames starting getting displayed around the detected faces and that indicates that every subject is in focus.
As soon as you see that the recording is about to begin, you have to take the finger off the movie button. You have to finish recording by pressing the movie. But, then again, once it comes to the stock position, you can hear the camera coming with two beep sound as the recording gets finished.
Once you are done with the shooting images, you can check them on the display screen. To do that, enter the playback mode by clicking on the Playback button. Now, choose the images in the previous or next format. You may also require to press the other control buttons for browsing through the pictures quickly.
Controlling other features
You can easily control all the other available features within this camera like the shooting mode and the playback mode. You can also use the power saver features that give you better control and efficiency during the usage.
To use the shutter button, press halfway to the focus, and then press down from the halfway position. In case you want to see whether the camera shots are coming with the shutter sound, you can check it in the function menu. Go to the main menu and opt for the function settings from the given list.
Bottomline for how to use Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
Canon PowerShot Elph 180 is simply the best point and shoot camera available in the market. Hence, once you put your hands on this masterpiece, there is no reason for you not to fall in love with its stunning features and capabilities. Also, just in case you are getting through any issues regarding its handling, refer to the steps mentioned above.