Best Point and Shoot Camera Under 500
Best point and shoot camera under 500 is a budget-friendly deal for photography beginners, enthusiasts, or premium level pros. These reasonably priced point and shoot cameras are the compact power-packed technologically-advanced gear, ideal to start your photography journey with a bang.
These cameras sport multiple features including top-notch image processor, powerful zoom lens, continuous shooting options, advanced performance, versatility, and high-resolution performance.
What is the best point and shoot camera under 500?
Point and shoot cameras are the versatile, power-packed, and compact segment of digital cameras. Usually used by travel and everyday photographers, these cameras have gained enough popularity in recent years.
Tycoon camera makers namely Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fujifilm, and other brands provide these masterpieces with multiple features at an affordable price.
With that said, let’s help you find the best point and shoot camera under 500 right away.
Best Point and Shoot Camera Under 500
The list starts here!
|Camera Name||Type||ISO Exposure||Effective Pixels||FPS Speed||Image Sensor||Optical Zoom||Video Resolution|
|SONY CyberShot DSC - HX80||Compact – Point-and-shoot||80-12800||18.2mp||10fps||1-inch, DIGIC 7||30x||FHD 1080p|
|Canon Powershot G9 X Mark II||Compact – Point-and-shoot||125-12800||20.1mp||8.2fps||1/2.3 inch Super HAD CCD||3x||FHD 1080p|
|Panasonic LUMIX ZS 80||Compact – Point-and-shoot||80-3200||20.3mp||10fps (AFS)/5fps (AFC)||1-inch Exmor RS CMOS||30x||4K UHD 2160p|
|Nikon Coolpix B500||Compact – Point-and-shoot||125-1600 (3200 & 6400 in auto mode)||16mp||7.4fps||1-inch MOS||40x||FHD 1080p|
|Olympus Tough TG-6||Compact – Point-and-shoot||100-12800||12mp||20fps||1/2.33 inch CMOS with Contrast Detection||4x||4K UHD 2160p|
|Fujifilm FinePix XP140||Compact – Point-and-shoot||100-12800||16.4mp||10fps||1/2.3 inch CMOS with Primary Color Filter||5x||4K DCI 2160p|
There’s no harm in calling Sony the industry leader when it comes to quality cameras. The manufacturer always comes with a remarkable collection that never fails to stun the buyers.
Sony’s Cyber-Shot DSC-HX80 is one such example. It is one of the most exquisite pieces from the point and shoot camera category. The HX80 features a 30x zoom lens that delivers quality images with perfect sharpness and colors.
The high-performing CMOS image sensor, superior image processor, and advanced tech features allow shooting pictures with maximum clarity.
It is a small and compact pocket-sized camera with the latest engineering advancements. Sony’s HX80 is unquestionably the best point and shoot camera under 500 dollars.
- ZEISS 30x optical zoom lens that delivers sharp pictures
- Compact and pocket-sized makes it easy to port
- 2 megapixels to get clear images
- Retractable OLED Tru-finder for a clear view
- 1/2.3 inch Exmor R CMOS Sensor for clear photos in any light conditions
- 180 degrees tiltable screen for low position shots and selfies
- BIONZ X image processor to capture shots with less noise
- 80-12800 ISO range for professional-quality images
For those who wish for all-around performance from a reasonably priced point and shoot camera, Canon brings this masterpiece for you. The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a remarkable compact camera with tech traits that rival with DSLR.
Despite its small size and lightweight, the camera delivers fantastic images and videos in various light conditions. Also, it is easily portable and stands strong against bad weather, which makes it a perfect choice for travel photographers.
The Canon powershot flip screen camera features 20.1 megapixels 1.0 inch-type sensor with DIGIC 7 image processor. It also has a 3x optical zoom with a 28-84mm focal length to capture those picturesque scenes.
- 0 inch LCD touchscreen for smooth operations
- Powerful DIGIC 7 image processor to capture beautiful images
- 1-megapixel 1.0 inch-type sensor for high quality results
- 0 inch-type CMOS sensor for perfection in various light conditions
- 1 megapixels that match the quality of DSLR
- Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth to connect with smart devices
- Fast and accurate AF
- Stylish, compact, and lightweight
Panasonic’s LUMIX ZS 80 is a premium all-around camera with splendid tech features to make everyday photography fun. It has a fantastic full-range 30x optical zoom and 20.3 megapixels sensor, perfect for enhancing your photography skills.
The 1/2.3 inch-type MOS sensor delivers high-quality pictures with outstanding low-light performance. Also, the 24-720mm focal length offers an ultra-wide-angle for sharp and bright images.
Lumix ZS 80 also features Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize blur when shooting telephotos. The camera also allows 4K video shooting and 4K photo mode to get impressive results.
The ZS80 comes equipped with 3-inch 180 degrees tiltable touch screen for easy monitoring and operations.
- 3-megapixel 1/2.3 inch-type sensor for amazing low-light performance
- 3-inch 180 degrees tiltable touch screen
- Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) to reduce blurriness when shooting telephotos
- MOS high-resolution sensor for highest picture quality in any light
- 4K video and 4K photo mode for beautiful images
- Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology for ultra-high-speed AF
- Quick and accurate burst shooting at 10fps and 5fps
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for pairing with smart devices
B500 is the coolest and premium Nikon camera in the best point and shoot camera under 500 dollars range. For beginners and enthusiasts, it is one of the affordable choices to kick start the photography journey.
The DSLR-like body design of this camera makes it the best option from the list. Not only the appearance, but also it has some impressive features to capture beautiful and high-resolution images.
With a 16 megapixels CMOS image sensor, 40x optical zoom, and 35mm Nikkor telephoto glass lens, this camera is capable of capturing Full HD 1080p videos and sharp images.
The 40x optical zoom and 80x dynamic zoom allows capturing sharp and bright photos from a distance. It also has a 3 inch tiltable LCD screen for smooth working. You can also share images and videos with smart devices with Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi.
- Economical option available in the market
- 3-inch tiltable LCD screen that makes it professional-grade
- 16 megapixels CMOS image sensor for high-resolution images
- Delivers highest picture quality in any light conditions
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 frames per second
- Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology for ultra-high-speed AF
- 40x optical zoom and 80x dynamic zoom for steady and sharp distant images
- Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth to share pictures and videos to smart devices
The most reliable, sturdy, durable, stylish, and performing options from the list, Olympus Tough TG-6, is an ideal choice under $500. With some amazing tech specs to deliver beautiful images, this camera can bear up the most punishing weather conditions.
Olympus TG-6 is a compact 12 megapixels camera with 4x optical zoom for the highest image quality. Take it to the harshest weather conditions, beach, water, snow, mountains, or anywhere, this camera withstands severe environments with ease.
It is a tough-body camera with 15m waterproof, 2.1m shockproof, 100kgf crushproof, dustproof, freezeproof, anti-fogging, and more features.
The camera is weather-sealed, scratch proof, and dirt-proof, which makes it a perfect travel gear. It also has superb tech features, including 25-100mm focal length, 1/2.3 inch sensor, and a maximum aperture of f/2-4.9 to capture high-quality images.
- Made especially for the harshest environment conditions
- 3-inch LCD screen to shoot pictures and videos with ease
- 12 megapixels 1/2.3 inch sensor for high-resolution images
- 4K video recording with amazing results
- High-speed 20fps burst shooting mode
- Variable Macro System for macro shooting
- Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, crushproof, and more – tough for severe weathers
Fujifilm also has the name on the list when it comes to the best point and shoot camera under 500. The Fujifilm FinePix XP140 delivers outstanding image quality with brightness and sharp colors.
It is another tough camera on the list that can withstand harshest environments. The camera is 25m waterproof, 1.8m shockproof, dustproof, and 10 degrees C freeze-proof.
See Also: Best Powershot Camera with Flip Screen
Besides its robust build quality, the XP140 delivers quality results in various light conditions. This 16.4 megapixels 1/2.3 inch sensor allows shooting bright and sharp images to create special memories while voyaging.
With 5x optical zoom, 28-140mm focal length, and f/3.9-4.9 aperture, it allows shooting UHD 4K videos at 15 frames per second. If you are one of those serious adventurous photographers, then this camera is an ultimate option to improve your creative skills.
- Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, and freezeproof
- UHD 4K video recording at 15p frame rate
- 3-inch LCD monitor that ensures 100% coverage
- 4 megapixels BSI-CMOS sensor for bright and clear images during the dark
- 15fps high-speed continuous shooting
- 5x optical and 10x digital zoom for sharp and clear portraits
- 1/2.3 inch CMOS image sensor with color filters
- Lightweight and robust design that guarantees robustness
- Bluetooth for wireless connection with smart devices to share images & videos
Words of Advice
Point and shoot cameras have bridged the gap between smartphones and DSLRs.
Now, you can enjoy the maximum functions of a DSLR in a compact and lightweight smartphone-sized camera. Also, you can get the best point and shoot camera under 500 dollars.
This makes point and shoot cameras ideal for travel and everyday photographers or anyone who is a beginner to the camera world.
Beside pocket-size design, the compact yet simple point and shoot cameras deliver high-resolution results that compete with DSLR images and video quality.