5 Best Sony Lens For Landscape
Best Sony Lens For Landscape – Overview
Best Sony lens for landscape – You love photography, and the best you enjoy is shooting landscapes. From mountains to peaks with melting snow, the clear blue sky with scattered clouds, and much more. Most of the time, people love to click different shots using automatic settings.
However, to get those stellar shots, you would probably look for pro settings – that’s the manual way.
Some might think that landscape photography can be done using an iPhone or a camera with a full frame. But, to get the wide dynamic range, you should opt for Sony cameras.
With these DSLR cameras, you can take landscape photography to the next level.
Furthermore, don’t confuse yourself with the lens to buy as we have made a compilation of them. Do take your time to pick the best Sony lens to shoot landscapes.
Best Sony Lens For Landscape – Pick The Best Lens Here
Get insights into the features and specifications of these Sony lenses. You will surely get the best out of them for capturing scenic landscapes.
1. Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Full Frame Prime Lens
This lens from Sony boasts an advanced optical design. It provides excellent photography using extreme aspherical elements. Meanwhile, the lens doesn’t feel heavy and is suitable for excellent handling. Besides, it has an 11 blade circular aperture that helps to get great bokeh.
- A compact prime lens with a stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 aperture gives better depth of field (DOF)
- Robust reliability with dust and moisture resistant coating
- Cut off reflections, flare, and ghosting to get lifelike details of the landscape
- Precise focusing with hybrid autofocus feature
2. Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens
The lens has a full-frame of 24 to 240mm zoom range. It helps in different shooting situations with an effective 10x zoom, ideal for landscape photography.
Further, you can switch from wide-angle to telephoto mode without changing lenses. Meanwhile, the advanced focusing mechanism helps in quick and smooth capture even at full zoom.
Besides these features, handheld photography is enhanced with Optical Steady Shot image stabilization.
- Suitable for mirrorless Sony DSLR cameras
- Smoother and natural defocusing can be achieved with the bokeh effect
- Aspherical lens elements reduce the overall size and weight
- Fast autofocusing even while using a polarizing filter
- Lens-based optical image stabilization
3. Sony Alpha 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G Super telephoto lens
Yet another telephoto lens from Sony featuring high-resolution landscape photography. It boasts a super-telephoto APS-C zoom G lens with optimized optical and mechanical design.
Further, it captures excellent images with a max zoom range of 350mm. In addition to this, it can handle up to 5x zoom capture. Meanwhile, optical image stabilization helps in fast and precise capture.
- Dust and moisture resistance for robust handling
- Linear motor technology that has a fast and quiet mechanism
- High-performance handling for landscape and wildlife photography
- Get a gorgeous bokeh effect to make the images impressive
- Programmable focus hold button with multiple functions
- Switch between auto and manual focus seamlessly
4. Sony 10-18mm f/4 Wide-angle OSS Zoom lens
A perfect lens capable of capturing landscapes and scenic views. With the max aperture of F/4, it also boasts OSS – Optical Steady Shot image stabilization. Meanwhile, the aspherical lens design helps in reducing the overall size and weight. It further adds to improved image accuracy and quality in the long run.
- Circular aperture helps in better bokeh and smoother results
- Extra low dispersion glass helps in compensation for chromatic aberration
- High precision flash metering for calculating the flash output as per the scene
- Lens-based optical image stabilization with gyro sensors to counteract image blur
- Fast autofocusing while using a polarizing filter
5. Sony 24-70mm f/4 Full-frame Zoom lens
This compact lens from Sony has the power of Carl Zeiss optics. Meanwhile, the mid-ranged 24-70 mm zoom lens enables consistent exposure at any focal length.
Besides this, it also delivers excellent image quality with APS-C and a full-frame. One can use it for stock photography as well as capturing scenic landscapes.
- Full frame zoom lens for reliable performance and better image quality
- Carl Zeiss lens eliminates lens flare, internal reflection, and light scattering
- Lens-based optical image stabilization with built-in gyro sensors
- Use of quiet and precision motors for high-quality landscape shots
- Fast autofocusing feature with a short minimum focusing distance meter
Landscape Photography – Some Thoughts For A Perfect Shot
When it comes to landscape photography, you can opt for lenses that use all the focal lengths. May it be the widest angle you choose or want a zoom lens using a telephoto. The most suitable range can be up to 300mm.
Focal length is the central aspect when you talk about shooting landscapes. Further, you won’t require your lens to have the fastest or wide aperture. Just focus on the lens that gives you a better dynamic range and clear subject with balanced colors.
Secondly, talking about landscape photography puts you right in the middle of a traveling spree. You often have to visit places or need to climb up a hill or so to get that perfect shot.
Well, you should carry the right gear with you, but don’t strain yourself with oversized backpacks. A landscape kit is needed that can take your equipment, filters, and much more.
Meanwhile, some of the photographers shoot handheld, and others take advantage of a tripod. It is personal preference how you want to capture the vast landscape. However, if you are looking to get a long exposure shot, you will opt for image stabilization.
Now, if you have questions about what lens to carry, filters to use, and much more, the list probably helps you buy the suitable lens for landscape photography.
Wrap it up
Photographers who are always on a shooting spree can try different lenses as per the situation. Don’t carry too much weight, but the right gear is required.
Go and find yourself the best place where you can capture incredible landscapes.