5 Best Dashcam for Uber
Best Dashcam for Uber – Overview
Best Dashcam for uber – When it comes to getting a dashcam for your Uber, think of it as a valuable thing. Being an uber driver, one has to take care of the passengers inside the cabin.
Further, it helps to keep an eye on them in case a conflict arises. It would be best if you always had the vision to watch out and record the video footage.
Besides the rideshare insurance you have, the dashcams are the perfect way to ensure your safety.
Best Dashcam for Uber – Assorted List of the Top Cams
Here are the top picks of dashcams that you can select as per your choice. You can make your Uber driving experience a pleasurable one without worrying about safety.
Let’s prepare the list for the dashcams right away.
|Dash Cam||Camera Type||Resolution||Display Size||Storage||Weight||Price|
|Vantrue N4 Three-channel Dash Cam||Front, Inside, & Rear||4K and 1080p||2.45 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||798 grams|
|Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam||Front & Inside||[email protected] and [email protected]||1.5 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||100 grams|
|Toguard Dual Channel Dash Cam||Front & Inside||1920*[email protected]||3.0 inch LCD||Up to 32 GB||440 grams|
|Pruveeo C2 Dual Cash Cam||Front & Inside||[email protected] and [email protected]||2.7 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||388 grams|
|Pruveeo Dash Cam with Wi-Fi||Front & Inside||1080P @ 30fps and 2160P @ 24fps||2.0 inch LCD||Up to 512 GB||422 grams|
1. Vantrue N4 Three-channel Dashcam
Vantrue presents one of the optimal safety solutions for uber drivers. It is equipped with three cameras – one in the front, one for inside the cabin, and one at the rear.
You can do a simultaneous recording with this dashcam with different resolutions. It supports up to 1440p video footage at 30fps. Switching it to dual more recording gives you the benefit of 4k footage.
- Three-channel dashcam with different resolutions
- Record up to 4k videos while on the move with clear capture on the road ahead
- Night vision supporting four infrared LED detectors in dark situations
- Parking monitor with motion detection and surveillance mode
- The gravity sensor locks and saves the video footage on a collision
2. Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dashcam
Another dashcam from Vantrue supports dual-lens for recording at 1080p. Best suited for uber drivers giving them front and inside capture while on the move.
Single-mode front camera supports up to 2560x1440p resolution at 30fps. Meanwhile, night vision helps to see in the dark and low light conditions.
- Best dashcam for uber and rideshare drivers
- Supports higher resolution up to [email protected]
- External memory card support up to 256GB for non-stop recording
- Better night vision to stay put in the dark
- Parking mode with advanced motion detection and surveillance
3. To guard Dual Channel Dashcam
Get the benefit of dual 1080p recording with clear audio, suited for uber drivers. It supports a Sony sensor that enables crystal clear images and high-quality video footage.
Whereas using the single-mode camera gives you 4K recording compatibility.
- Wide-angle and rotatable cameras for easy adjusting the angle
- Parking monitor with motion detection (always on)
- Supports loop recording, which overwrites the oldest footage
- G sensor with intelligent record emergency lock system. Save your evidence for insurance claim
- Superior night vision with wide dynamic range in low light environments
4. Pruveeo C2 Dual Dashcam
With the support of holding video footage for up to 12 hours, this dash cam can be your favorite. Don’t worry about the storage limit, as loop recording overwrites the oldest recordings.
Camera wide-angle aperture helps in the reduction of blind spots. Meanwhile, the night vision helps to give you sharper footage in dark situations.
- Infrared night vision supporting Sony sensor for better images and video capture
- Can withstand extreme temperatures
- Dual 1080p dashcam with single camera recording up to [email protected]
- Gravity sensor with auto incident detection. Locks the video recording when it detects a collision
- Parking monitor for both front and inside cameras.
5. Pruveeo Dashcam with Wi-Fi
This dashboard camera utilizes four infrared LEDs to give a superior night vision capture. Meanwhile, the dual cameras support Full HD video recording at 30fps.
Besides this, you get a gravity sensor with collision detection. It will automatically lock and save the video footage for future evidence and insurance claims.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Connect with your smartphone using the camera app
- Doesn’t run on built-in batteries, connect with an external power cord
- Loop recording with up to 1080p Full HD resolution
- Wide dynamic range for both front and rear cameras
- Excellent low light capabilities with night vision feature
Why does an Uber Driver Need a Dashcam?
Several drivers think that a dashcam is just an extra expenditure. They don’t get convinced of the fact that how they can upgrade their security with a dashcam.
Secondly, as a Uber driver, you can get into a bad situation; however, the dashboard camera in your car can save you time and money.
Life is uncertain, and as you are one of the best Uber drivers out there, you can meet with an accident. Here, the dashboard camera installed in your car will help to find whose fault it was.
People would tend to lie about the incident; however, the Dashcam has recorded the footage. Further, the video recording helps as a piece of evidence to get claims from your insurance company.
Your right to record
You have the right record inside your car. There is no harm in using a camera to record yourself while at work.
Installing and using a dashcam may help you provide evidence to law enforcement or Uber if necessary. See more on Uber’s approach to using a dashcam.
Leaving your car parked at an isolated location can be dangerous. Thieves are on the move, and they can break the glass, steal your valuables, and much more.
Having a dashboard camera in your uber will help you in figuring out the culprit. It is a good feature of the dashcams as they can detect motion and record the activity.
That’s a kind of surveillance camera installed in your car.
Protection from fraud
Some fraudsters come your way and hit your uber. Further, they claim that it was your fault. Here, if you have a dashcam installed, you have all the evidence recorded right in front of you.
Good reason to install a dashcam as you get helped by the police officers seeing the footage.
Save yourself from dishonest passengers
As a uber driver, you can come face to face with a passenger who tries to overpower you. Further, these kinds of passengers expect a free ride.
Meanwhile, they would also try to complain that you were driving under the influence.
All these factors may cause harassment; however, with the dashcam installed, nothing can go wrong. Everything is recorded by the friendly camera, and you are saved.
Wrap it up
There you are. For uber professional drivers, the Dashcam is a must for peace of mind.
Whether you meet false passengers, corrupt police officers, thieves, or an accident, the dashboard cameras are great. Keep driving your uber, be safe!